UkraineAmendments on RoHS
June - The Ukrainian Cabinet of Ministers adopted the Resolution № 557 to amend Resolution № 139 namely the “Technical Regulations on the Use of Certain Hazardous Substances in Electrical and Electronic Equipment” (Ukrainian RoHS).
The Resolution № 557 came into force on July 3, 2019 - these are the main points:
1. The Resolution excludes pipe organs product group from the scope.
2. The compliance deadline of July 1, 2019 has been removed for mercury in electric rotating connectors used in intravascular ultrasound imaging systems capable of high operating frequency (> 50 MHz).
3. The goal of the Resolution is to achieve compliance with the requirements of the EU RoHS Directives:
- (EU) 2018/736 as regards an exemption for lead in glass or ceramic for some electrical components
- (EU) 2018/737 as regards an exemption for lead in solders for the soldering to machined through hole discoidal and planar array ceramic multilayer capacitors
- (EU) 2018/738 as regards an exemption for lead in cermet-based trimmer potentiometer elements
- (EU) 2018/739 as regards an exemption for lead as an alloying element in steel
- (EU) 2018/740 as regards an exemption for lead as an alloying element in aluminium
- (EU) 2018/741 as regards an exemption for lead as an alloying element in copper
- (EU) 2018/742 as regards an exemption for lead in high melting temperature solders
This amendment is based on the Directive (EU) 2017/2102 amending RoHS 2 Directive 2011/65/EU.